Need to get out of the dog house or just bring the butterflies back? Or maybe you have just found love and want to celebrate that loving feeling. Either way, you should consider a trip to the Maine Coast of Maine. The tiny town of Camden Maine is still awake in the cold months and welcomes guests with open restaurants and boutique shops. The charming Inns are romantic and comfortable for a special evening. Here are some tips to navigate Valentines Day in the little coastal town of Camden Maine. Ok, these tips can be used year round if you need a little loving. Valentines Day Mid Coast Maine is a special time because the village has beautiful sunrises and sunsets. The schooner boats are not going out this time of year, but you can sit by the harbor and watch the sunrise. You can go to the top of Mt. Battie at dusk and watch the sunset in the west. There are so many romantic places in Camden Maine.
But before I get to the list, this is a link to the super short love story I tweeted to Travel and Leisure a year ago. They were looking for short love stories and I love this one. http://www.windwardhouse.com/10108/lodging-blog/love-story/
Restaurants open in February that are worth a date night:
1. Long Grain (Camden)
2. Francine’s Bistro (Camden)
3. Suzuki (Rockland)
4. Waterfront Restaurant (Camden)
5. Youngtown Inn (Lincolnville)
Places to get those last minute Flowers:
1. Lily Lupine and Fern
Places to get those last minute chocolates/sweets
1. Maine Gatherings (Camden)
2. Uncle Willey’s (Camden)
2. Maine State Cheese Factory – lots of local chocolates sold (Rockport)
3. Laugh Loud Smile Big – Try some romantic cupcakes (Rockport)
4. Camden Deli – Get a desert and sit by your in-room fireplace at your Cozy Bed and Breakfast
5. Bixby Bars are really popular now! Vegan and gluten free made right here in MidCoast Maine.
Stay and ski, snowboard, cross country or hike. Hiking up the Mt. Battie Auto Road is a wonderful way to get to the top of the mountain in the winter. Very romantic with views of the quiet harbor.
Super romantic accommodations – Valentines Day Mid Coast Maine: