Once you are here, you can park the car and walk to all Camden activities. Save on gas:
Things that you can walk to from Camden Windward House Bed and Breakfast:
– Shopping: 1 block, boutique clothing, book store, home decorations, antiques, art, knitting, toy, shoes, outdoor equipment.
– Restaurants: 17 restaurants within walking distance of the Inn.
– The Harbor: 1 block, 6 different day trip boats for sailing and lobster fun to choose from, kayak rentals, walking on the beach, looking for sea glass, rowing out to Curtis Island. The Windjammer Fleet also calls Camden Harbor home and you can take overnight trips between 3 – 5 nights. The famous Windjammer Festival is in September, a great time to see all the boats in one place. (check our availability calendar). You might even see a seal relaxing on the rocks by the Camden Waterfall.
– 30 miles of Trails at Camden Hills State Park: The Camden Windward House is .2 miles from the park and the Mt. Battie Trail that will lead you into the park with all of its wonderful trails.
– The Camden Public Library: Across the street. Need to relax and read the newspaper, book, magazine with a beautiful view? Take an hour or 2 to sit in this beautiful asset of Camden Maine. Library hosts music at night and lectures during the day. Check the Camden Public Libraries calendar of events.
–Camden Opera House: Check our availability calendar to see if a play or show is happening. The Opera House is approximately a 5 minute walk, less and .5 miles.
– Swimming: Laite Beach on Bayview street. Lovely option to get your feet wet, might be a little cold, but definitely refreshing. There is a raft that you can swim out to and lay out in the sun. watch the sail boats drift off into the horizon. There are even public bathrooms at the beach. Also a new children’s amphitheatre is there. A lovely place to read a book.
– Bring a frisbee, wiffle ball bat or a blanket and enjoy Harbor Park. 1 block from Camden Windward House is the beautiful and stunningly amazing harbor park. Enjoy a picnic or a day in the sun. The park hosts concerts and movies in the summer. A hub of local activity.
Need a bike to get to the next great little town? Let Innkeeper know, we rent bikes daily.
SO MUCH TO DO IN CAMDEN MAINE!
You won’t have to get in your car until you have to check out.